Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Hello There!


Hello there!  I can't recall if I've ever made a colour block card, but it's always fun to try something new.  I used a butterfly stamp fom The Craft's Meow to showcase the blocks of colours.  To frame the blocks, I used some Baker's twine secured in place with Glossy Accents.  I'm really loving theses twines from The Twinery.
 

For more info on the Color Block challenge and to view the awesome samples, click here.

Enjoy the colours around you today!





Stamps : The Craft's Meow Butterfly Kisses & Little Frieda at the Seashore (sentiment)
Paper : White cardstock
Ink : Memento Cantaloupe, Bahama Blue, Lady Bug, Bamboo Leaves, Tangelo, Rich Cocoa
Others : The Twinery - Maraschino,Caribbean, Lemondrop, Honeydew, Mandarin

6 comments:

Kim C said...

Very nice Kary! Love the butterfly stamp!! I haven't used any of my twine yet except to make tags!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Kary!

I love your card! The colorful butterflies are really great and I love the twine frames that you created, they put the attention to the butterflies so perfectly! Thanks for letting me know about the CASual Fridays challenge, this looks perfectly for me and I've joined in with my card! Lovely!
Wishing you a lovely day!

Hugs, Wendy

Houses Built of Cards said...

That is beautiful!!! LOVE how you used the twine!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

kiwimeskreations said...

Wow Kary this is great - love the way you interpreted the challenge to have a lovely 'light' card.
Blessings
Maxine

Anonymous said...

Love the twine frames!!! Cute idea.

lisa a.

farmhouse-story said...

your twine frames are so clever--cute card, kary!