Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Feel Better Soon


I love WMS sketch challenges, but I don't own many WMS stamps (hoping to get more soon ;)). For my card today, I opted for some pretty papers from Webster's Pages to decorate the card.  I love the vibrant colours of the Spring Market collection and felt it would make a nice uplifting card for someone who isn't feeling too good.  I also made some rolled paper flowers and used some punch-outs to decorate the card.

It's been so hot and humid here the past week, hoping for cooler weather soon.

Take care!





Stamps : WMS Afternoon Tea (frame), Afternoon Tea Sentiments (sentiment),  Faux Fun Circles (pattern on one of the rolled flowers)
Paper : Webster's Pages Spring Market 6x6 pad, Waiting for Santa 6x6 pad, PTI kraft cardstock
Ink : Memento Rhubarb Stalk, Rich Cocoa, Lady Bug
Other : Zva Creative pearls, MS leaf & butterflies punches

11 comments:

Lana said...

Beautiful card! I love how you played with sketch! :)

Kim C said...

So simple and pretty! Webster's Pages had a warehouse sale but shipping is soooo expensive!!!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi dear Kary!

Oeh, I like this one! Your take on the sketch is really great as well!! Love the flowers and the butterflies from the colorful paper!! Looks great and the stitched line really finishes it so pretty!!
I think the Arabian restaurant you went to is more Moroccan maybe? We had no entertainment there, maybe it was more from Libanon or so? We had Falafel, pastry, and Kofta meat balls, was really nice!!!

Hugs to you!
Wendy

Kelly S. said...

So pretty how you used that patterned paper to make a little scene, Kary! I love the colors and the butterflies, this will definitely cheer somebody up!

Jingle said...

This is such a pretty card!

Unknown said...

So beautiful card! Thanks for sharing :)

Emily Leiphart said...

::thud:: That was me falling off my chair! I ♥ this card!! All those beautiful colours on kraft are amazing.

Virginia L. said...

Beautiful take of the sketch!! Love the scene and depth, Kary!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Kary this is lovely and bright and cheerful - love the way you have interpreted the sketch.
Blessings
Maxine

Jean Martin said...

Beautiful color combination! What a lovely card! :)

Deborah Frings said...

Such lovely papers and the rolled flowers are very pretty! It's a lovely card.