Friday, June 17, 2011

Waltzing with WMS

The theme for today's Waltz is all about 4th of July/Americana.  Frankly, I'm a little nervous as I have no idea what to do.  All I know of the 4th of July are stars & stripes and fireworks.. errr. Hmmm...well, I suppose celebration also equals a tea party!  So, that's what my card is - a 4th of July themed tea party invitation.

I did a little paper piecing, colouring, and a frame using baker's twine.  To add a little interest, I added a couple of cute stars (can't forget to have stars!) at the bottom corner.  I hope I did ok.
For more info on the Waltz and to see everyone who is participating, please click here.  Ok, I can't wait to check out what everyone has created..

Have fun waltzing!





Stamps : WMS Afternoon Tea, TCM Timeless Tags (frame)
Papers : Webster's Pages
Ink : Memento, Copic markers
Other : Baker's Twine (from The Twinery), i-rock glam rocks, MFT stars die-namics

23 comments:

Inkyfingers said...

You did more than 'ok' Kary - this card is lovely and the paper pieced kettle is so sweet.
Hugs
Carol x

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

Wow this is superb!! Love love love it!

Happy Waltzing

ali x

Deborah Frings said...

Kary - this is just perfect! The Boston Tea Party was the start of it all!! So this couldn't be a better choice - inspired!!

Antje said...

I love you red tea pot with stars - great idea! I join your tea party!

Julia Aston said...

Love your patriotic tea party Kary! The paper pieced teapot is so cute with the stars!

Pauline said...

Brilliant! A 4th July tea party! Love it!

Wendy ten Hove said...

It's lovely, Kary! What a perfectly independent tea-pot, hi hi! Love the stars!
Wishing you a wonderful day (evening?)

Hugs, Wendy

Karin Åkesdotter said...

WOW!! LOVE your take on the theme!!! Such a perfect Americana card! So cool!

Lynn Mercurio said...

I love this Kary...I'm not sure if it was intended, but I love the connection to the "Tea Party" and the patriotic theme of the card. It turned out wonderfully. Very creative design!

Jingle said...

Absolutely FABULOUS card! So cute!

Rachel said...

I love the baker's twine frame! How did you do that? Did you punch holes?

B said...

Wow, love the use of the tea set! The twine is so fun as well! :)

Cassie_lu said...

what a great idea for a tea party

Lana said...

Wonderful! Love love this card! :)

Laurie Marmon said...

Very cute Americana themed tea party invite. Love all the elements you've included in it.

Kelly S. said...

Kary your card is so unique and CHARMING! I love how you incorporated the theme on this teapot card! Love the embellies, too!

kiwimeskreations said...

Well done Kary - I think I would be at a loss too - did you know that an important part of the USA history involves the Boston Tea Party?
Blessings
Maxine

Jen Cuthbertson said...

What a fun take on the theme, Kary! I love the tea party reference and your paper piecing! Great job (and no tax on tea!) :)

Joanne Gilch said...

Kary, love to come to your tea party!
I think tea parties are just another wonderful reason to celebrate anything really. Very creative idea...just love it.

farmhouse-story said...

yep, the first thing i thought of was the boston tea party! your card is so creative and just perfect!

LaurieJ said...

You did more than okay, Kary, you did fabulously! Pretty card. Love the paper piecing and the twine frame is brilliant.

Emily Leiphart said...

This is so clever and original, Kary! I love it!!

Cyndie said...

Your card is just wonderful! The shading on the cups is awesome, and the half stars is a really original idea. Congratulations on your top waltz choice!