Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Make A Splash

Once in a while, I make a card I really LOVE, which makes me smile.  This is one of them.. not the best design or with fancy techniques perhaps, but I love that it is a cheerful card and so very fun to create.  This card came about in the "wee" hours of the morning simply because I wanted to participate in a StampTV challenge - Make A Scene.

A little background story to the making of this card. My friend Carrie (a deep sea diver) recently commented that I had not made any cards with sea creatures which she so loves.  And so, I ordered this stamp set Make A Splash as a result, and yesterday the order arrived!  I love every sea creature in the set! Just so gorgeous - it's not often that I get so excited about a stamp set..lol!  This card was made with her in mind, because she has indeed made a "splash" in my life - it's not often we find a friend who is so dear and with whom you have a lot of "loves" in common.

I hope this card brighens your day and perhaps you will "Make A Splash" in someone's life today!





Paper : Gina K PLC Ocean Mist, White cardstocks
Ink : Memento & Copic markers
Other : Gina K brads, Spellbinders Labels 4, baker's twine

6 comments:

Kim C said...

Very cute, Kary! Hope you got some sleep after that! :)

kiwimeskreations said...

It made me smile too - delightful :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Wendy ten Hove said...

Wow, this one is fintastic!!! I love it, yes, it makes me happy!!! It's fun! Great card, Kary and lovely to hear you made it for such a great friend!
Hugs, Wendy

farmhouse-story said...

kary, this is adorable and so thoughtful--carrie will love it:)

Christine Ang said...

Love the smiling sea creatures. They are so at peace with one another.

Emily Leiphart said...

Aw, is this ever cute! It makes me smile, too. I love the entire ocean scene, Kary!