Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Craft's Meow parade

Hi again.  A new favourite stamping company of mine is The Craft's Meow.  I ADORE their stamps and I really wish I can buy every set in the store.  I think their stamps are quite my style, if I have one..haha..

Here are the cards: 

The first is a simple card and very easy to make. I stamped the fuchsias from Celebrating You set along the top of the card with Memento Lulu Lavender for a tone on tone effect. I stamped the fuchsia again on a white cardstock and coloured it with copic markers V000 & V01 & cut out one flower.  The sentiment label is from Timeless Tags set and I punched a hole on both ends of the tag to string the jute twine.  I think I'm going to make several colours of the same card to go in a set to give a friend.
You can see this card evolved from the above one. I decided to cut along the edge of the fuchsias and placed a piece of darker purple cardstock underneath.  I loved how fast and easy it was to colour the fuchsias using V000 & V01 and so I coloured all the flowers on this card.  The leaves were a little of a challenge and I used several colours of YG's (YG01, YG03, YG11, YG13, YG91, YG93, colourless blender) till I achieved a look I like (haha.. sometimes I don't know what I'm doing..).


Now, this last card is something that comes rather easy to me.  Love this image from Sending You Sunshine set.  The trees and the bird & bee are part of one image and the clothes are all separate images. I used a mix of Jillibean papers here for the border and paper piecing.  The rest I coloured using various copic markers choosing the same colours from the floral border paper.

I guess you realise I'm having so much fun with these stamps, right?  There are a couple more cards in the making still from another two stamp sets.  Will share these soon...

Have a creative day!!





Paper : Jillibean Watermelon Gazpacho 6x6 pad, Blossom Soup 6x6 pad
Ink :  Memento Lulu Lavender, Tuxedo Black & Rich Cocoa, Copic markers
Other : Pearls from Zva Creative, ribbon, white gel pen.

9 comments:

Karin Åkesdotter said...

AMAZING cards! Love how alike, but still so very different your two first cards are - just wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards... love the watermark affect and then the cutout!!! What wonderful ideas. And the last one is just too cute and fantastic.

lisa a.

Kim C said...

Love the colouring on the flowers! Only using 2 colours and the effect is like wow! Love them all!

Emily Leiphart said...

Wow, Kary, so much beauty in one post! The first two are absolutely gorgeous but I love how you reversed the second card with the faux stitching. Your colouring is incredible! Love that fun and colourful third card. Your talent makes me smile!

Virginia L. said...

Looks like you are having FUN and it shows! Gorgeous composition with the Crafts' Meow stamps! That LF card is super cute, too!

Christine Ang said...

The colour scheme on the cards are simply gorgeous. The sentiment "Sending you sunshine" brings cheer to the right recipient of the card. The colours are so alive.

farmhouse-story said...

oh, my, you must put these on the crafts meown flickr site! they are all so pretty with creative designs!

http://www.flickr.com/groups/thecraftsmeow/

Unknown said...

So nice cards! :)

Unknown said...

Three adorables!