Thursday, June 2, 2011

CPS Challenge

Today, I'm joining the Sketch Challenge at CPS.  It's my first time playing, and it's really nice because I get to combine with it with another challenge at StampTV.  Check them out if you like, and you can play along.

Here's the sketch:
 And my card:

For the card, I finally had a chance to ink up a stamp set I've had for sometime called Nesting.  The lovely nest image and sentiment are from that set.  For the sentiment piece, I used a background stamp from the Vintage Backgrounds set and then stamped the sentiment.

I hope you enjoy the softer colour combo.





Ink : Memento Desert Sand & Versafine Vintage Sepia
Other : Spellbinders Rectangle dies, Jute twine, Pearls

8 comments:

Julia Aston said...

What lovely soft colors on this Kary! What a great bird nest stamp!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Oh Kary - this is so beautiful. A lovely color combination and the earthy feel of the twine with the soft pink and grays are a wonderful combination.

kiwimeskreations said...

Hi Kary that is one sweet card - love how you have kept it simple so the eye goes straight to the nest.
Blessings
Maxine

Christine Ang said...

Love the colour combo and the three little pearls at the top.

farmhouse-story said...

i just love your nest, the houndstooth and twine, kary!! this is adorable:)

Jennie said...

Beautiful card Kary!! Love the twine and thanks for joining us at CPS this week :o)

veronica said...

love the softness. very pretty.

Emily Leiphart said...

I love the soft colours of this card!