Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Waltzing Mouse Challenge #52

This week is the anniversary of WMS sketch challenge and we're all invited to select a favourite sketch from the whole year's 51 sketches to play along.  For my card, I picked Sketch WMSC6.  It looks rather fun and I've never made a card like this before.


I received my new stamp (as the lucky winner for Challenge #48) via the Royal Mail on Saturday. (Thank you, Claire!!) I felt the Doily set would be SO perfect to create a card with this sketch. 

I stamped the large doily with Versamagic Pink Petunia and cut it with Spellbinders Large Scalloped Circle die.  The smaller doily was stamped with Versamagic Red Magic and Tea Leaves and punched out with a 1" circle punch and adhered just below the large doily.  After assembling the cardbase and the doilies,  I added some i-rocks onto the large doily to give it a little sparkle.

Looking forward to see everyone's sketch pick and creations.

Hope your day is Amazing!





Stamps : WMS Large Doily
Paper : White, Cream & Pink cardstock, Jillibean Blossom Soup
Ink : Versamagic Pink Petunia, Red Magic & Tea Leaves, Memento Rich Cocoa
Other : Spellbinders Large Scalloped Circle dies, 1" punch, baker's twine, i-rock crystals

3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

This is fabulous, Kary and you have really nailed the sketch. Love the way you have used the stamps.
Blessings
MAxine

Wendy ten Hove said...

Wow, Kary! Lovely use of that doilie! Perfect for this sketch! I like the colors a lot! Hope you win!
Wishing you a lovely rest of the Tuesday!
Hugs, Wendy

farmhouse-story said...

love your mix of papers and all of the cute doilies, kary! i really like the sketch, too:)