Saturday, April 30, 2011

Happy Chick Birthday

Today's card is made with another set of cute stamps from Unity.  The set is called Itty Bitty " Happy Chick Birthday".  There are two stamps in the set, and I love that the images are so fun.

Here's the card:


I made this card for my sister's birthday today - Happy Birthday!!!.  My sister is quite a cardmaker herself, so I had to find a way to add some details which I hope she will like.

First, I used the Scor-buddy to score along the edge of the card to give it a frame.  Then I added some faux stitches with a white gel pen.  I cut a strip of stripe paper, adhered a thin strip of patterned paper at the top and tied a jute string around it and adhered it to the cardbase.  The cute chicks image was stamped with Memento and coloured with copics.  Here, I've used Y21 and YR00 for the body of the little chicks, R20 & RV00 for the blush, YR17 & YR04 on the beaks.  For the hats, I used BG10, BG13, YG01, YR02 and RV21.  The little chicks image was cut using a Papertrey Ink die.  The sentiment was coloured using more copic markers (BG11, BG13, YR00, YR02, R27, BG10, RV00, V01, YR24).

What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by - I hope you'll have a wonderful day!





Stamps : Unity Itty Bitty Happy Chick Birthday
Paper : Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety
Ink : Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
Others : PTI die, Spellbinders Scallop Rectangle, Jute string, Sakura White Gel Pen

5 comments:

Wendy ten Hove said...

I think, the sentiment shape looks like a cookie, hi hi! Love the big sentiment and the chicks are really cute! Great and colorful card!
Hugs, Wendy

Christine Ang said...

Ha! Ha! One cute chick to another. Very creative.

kiwimeskreations said...

Love it Kary - the colours are cheerful and the images so cute. Love the frame and stitching combination :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Unity Stamp Company said...

Very cute! Great job! Thanks for participating in the TWEET Challenge! :)

Anonymous said...

Too cute and fun! Super cute! Thanks for playing the TWEET challenge!
Lisa a