Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Make A Wish

I totally ADORE Pure Innocence stamps from My Favorite Things - something about the little PI girl that speaks to my heart.  So, last night I decided I should participate in the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club sketch.

And, here's my card:


I think I kept pretty much to the sketch and tried a colour combo that I've not used before, i.e. browns and shades of teal.  I paper pieced the little girl's dress and did a little faux stitching around the card. Added a little distressing around the stamped image with Distress Ink and then spritzed some water to add a bit of interest on the background. I had the horizontal strips on pop dots so that I could tie the ribbon with baker's twine on the bottom strip panel.

I hope you like the card. Have fun today!





Stamps : My Favorite Things PI Birthday Princess, You Take the Cake (sentiment)
Paper : October Afternoon, GKD PLC Cardstock
Ink : Copics, Memento Tuxedo Black, Distress Ink Tumbled Glass (spritzed with water)
Other : Spellbinders Rectangle die, Sakura white gel pen, Ribbon & Baker's Twine

1 comment:

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Kary!

This card is soooo cute!!! Love her dress! They truly are really sweet stamps!

Hugs, Wendy