Thursday, April 14, 2011

You Brighten My Day

I'm so glad to be home!  My flight arrived ahead of schedule, but getting home took quite sometime in the rush hour traffic. So glad to see my parents are well.  I think my dad knew I was coming home - my mum told me he had been talking in his sleep and calling out my name.  It was extra special that he recognised me immediately.  It's good to be back.

Today's card describes exactly how I feel, not just seeing my parents' happy faces, but also thinking of my friend, Marcie who sent me the stamp set which I've used for the card.  Thank you SO much for your thoughtfulness, Marcie.  I love the stamp set!


I used the sketch from Stamp TV's challenge STVSKSP21 to create the card.  It feels wonderful to sit at my desk and look out the window and be inspired.

I hope you are having a great day too.

{{Hugs}}

Stamps : GKD Smile
Papers : Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety 6x6 pad
Ink : Versafine Satin Red and Onyx Black
Others : i-rock, twine

1 comment:

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Kary!

Good to hear you arrived home safely and felt warm and welcome! This card is very nice, the frame is gorgeous and with the happy paper! Love it!
Great to hear you liked Maastricht! Maybe next time try biking?! ;-) We bike a lot here, I go to work by bike, every day. Though I must admit I'm not used to going uphill, 'cause we don't have any near here in Amersfoort, hi hi!
All the best!

Hugs, Wendy