Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Love You With All My Heart

Hi, I have another card today for Mum, made using My Favorite Things stamp set "Love You With All My Heart".  I had this stamp for a little while and didn't have time to ink it till now.  This card is for my mum's birthday, which is coming soon.  She doesn't read my blog, so it's ok.



The card size measures 5 x 7" a little bigger than a standard sized card.  I made two scored frames along the edge of the cardbase with the Scor-buddy, and added white stitch lines with my white gel pen around  them.  Just underneath the focal image, I added a piece of lace which came from my mum's sewing supplies.  When my parents moved in with me, my brother and I cleared out their house and we found a bag of lace and buttons.  My mum loved to sew but now her eyesight isn't so good, so she doesn't sew anymore.  I thought it would be nice to add a piece of her lace onto this card.

I hope she'll like the card... made with all my heart.





Stamp : My Favorite Things - Pure Innocence "With All My Heart", MFT You Take The Cake (sentiment)
Paper : PTI Cardstock, October Afternoon
Ink : Memento Tuxedo Black, Distress Inks Tumbled Glass & Antique Linen
Other : Spellbinders Rectangle & Scalloped Rectangle dies, Sakura white gel pen

3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Hi Kary - that is such a sweet card - and the touch of lace so thoughtful.
Blessings
Maxine

Christine Ang said...

The card oozes an air of innocence. Love the checked background.

Wendy ten Hove said...

Oh, dear Kary, I'm pretty sure she will like it, how could she not! This is such a sweet image and using her lace will certainly surprise her, it's sooo pretty, so she'll surely love it! What a sweet image!! Wish your mum a happy birthday from me, please, when it's the day!
All the best!
Hugs, Wendy