Saturday, April 21, 2018

Thankful for your Friendship


What kind of cards do you make most?

I think I do a lot of birthdays and friendship themed cards. Today, I have a card which looks simple but took some effort to put together.  The card was inspired by the class Impressive Heat Embossing.

The Altenew products I used are:

Cross Stitch Flower Stamp
Here's my card


I was inspired by the multi-coloured embossing powder card.  For my card, instead of using different embossing powders, I decided to use clear embossing with coloured inkpads.  The Altenew inkpads I used are Evergreen, Forest Glades, Velvet, Crimson, Rouge and Blush.

First I die-cut the flower using white cardstock. Next I stamped a layer of the cross stitch flower with coloured inkpad, then stamped it again with Versamark. Then I poured clear embossing powder on the stamped section and heat embossed it.  I repeated this process for each of the layers.


The tiny butterfly was stamped and heat embossed the same way on another piece of cardstock and cut it out. I thought it would be nice to have some dimension for the butterfly and I adhered it to the cross stitch flower piece with foam adhesive.

To finish off the card, the sentiment was stamped and white heat embossed on a thin strip of black cardstock.  I snipped the ends of the sentiment piece and adhered it to the card with foam adhesive.

I hope you like the card.

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Virginia L. said...

Clear-embossing is CLEARLY the winner for me among all the embossing powder...Love how you used it. I know the stamped image must look even more amazing in person! Thanks so much for entering your beautiful work in Altenew AECP assignment Gallery. Beautiful colors and design. Well done!