Sunday, April 8, 2018

Mother's Day Card


I'm on a roll this weekend with the AECP assignments.

This next card is based on the techniques in the Beautiful Details class. Of all the classes I find this most challenging because I'm a fairly impatient cardmaker.  Most of the cards I make take 15 minutes or so to colour and put together.  This one took some time but I think I love the results.

The Altenew product I used are

Remember This Stamp Set - Altenew

Wild Hibiscus Stamp Set - Altenew

Peach Perfect Crisp Dye Ink - Altenew

The colouring medium I used are Copic markers with Prismacolor pencils.

I used only the outline stamps for the flower and leaf and stamped using Memento Desert Storm ink. This ink works really well with Copic markers.

The copic markers I used are R12, R11, R00 for the flower and YG25, YG23 and Y21 for the leaves. I selected a slightly darker shade of peach and soft yellow pencil for the flower and a darker shade of leaf green pencil. The idea is to add shading and fine lines to the imagse to give it more details than the markers could.



The background is a piece of watercolour cardstock. I sponged some Distress Oxide Tattered Rose and Squeezed Lemonade lightly and added some gold shimmer ink spritz with a small brush.

The sentiment is from the Wild Hibiscus set and I stamped it using the Peach Perfect ink.

I hope you like the card.

2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful card Kary - your flower colouring is exquiste!
Blessings
Maxine

Virginia L. said...

Indeed, the time you spent in this card has been paid off! The result is awesome! I love the inked background and every droplets of the sequins and splatter! Thanks so much for entering your beautiful work in Altenew AECP assignment Gallery. Beautiful colors and design. Well done!