Friday, October 22, 2010

Growing in Unity - Day 5

Wow, I can't believe how fast the week has gone, and I've reached the end of my GIU week.  I 've really enjoyed sharing some of my favourite Unity stamps and cards with you.

Today, I'll show you some projects using stamps from various KOM sets.  I have a folder where I print off all the images of every Unity stamp sets I own for easy reference.  When it's time to make a card, I usually flip through the folder till I see a stamp I think looks great for a card I have in mind or a stamp which I've never inked before.  It's like a game for me, to find a way to ink up every stamp from the sets I own.

First, I'd like to show you a Stationery box.  I like to give away a set of my cards to friends as a present.  I've been meaning to make this box for a long time after seeing so many versions of them online.  Finally, I sat down and worked out how I would like mine to be.

Here's the box :

The box opens up to several compartments & pockets for standard sized & note cards, tags, stamps, post-it notes and a pen.  Here's the inside of the box :


The box was decorated with the apples from KOM July 2010 and sentiment from KOM August 2010.

Next, is another Christmas card (just couldn't resist it) - a clear acetate card.  This must be the most difficult card for me to photograph. Here's my best shot ;) 

I've heard a lot of good reviews on the new Stazon Metallic but had no idea how great it was till I used it. On this clear card, I used the Platinum ink - I love it!  It's a champagne-like colour and I think it's "cool-er" than the normal gold or silver.  I've left this card pretty plain on the inside, with a small frame (which matches the front greeting) on the inside for a note.

My next card is:


Sometimes I feel like making a card with several layers, and here's one of them.  The stamped image is from KOM May 2010.  I love the cute little parachute with the word "Happy".   

Finally, here's my last card for the GIU week.  I've had a blast this week and Thank YOU for taking time to visit.  I hope you'll like this card:


Another view (to show the emboss resist):

This card was made using one of my favourite Pink Paislee papers.  The background paper is from the Parisian Anthology collection, called Darling Doilies.  The paper has some resist printed patterns on it and when you ink it, the patterns show through.  The focal image is from Unity KOM October 2010, stamped on the patterned paper with Versamark and embossed with clear embossing powder. Then using markers (fine tip for the stems), colour the stems and flowers.  Sponge more ink around the image.  Mount it on a light blue cardstock and add a bow to finish up the card.

This has been an AMAZING week for me.  Thank you so much for stopping by.  Have a LOVELY weekend!! ;-)

First project:
Stamps: Unity KOM July 2010, Unity KOM August 2010 (sentiment)
Inks: Versafine Olympia Green & Onyx Black
Papers: PTI Spring Moss cardstock
Others: Zva Creative bling, white gel pen

Second - card:
Stamps: Unity KOM September 2008 (snowflake), Unity KOM May 2010 (alphabets for sentiment)
Inks: Stazon Metallic Platinum, Versamagic Sea Breeze, Versafine Spanish Moss
Papers: Imaginisce, Acetate
Others: Gold metallic ribbon, AC button, Imaginisce i-rock pearl

Third - card:
Stamps: Unity KOM May 2010
Inks: Memento Markers Lady Bug and Paris Duke, Distess Ink Tumbled Glass (inking the clouds)
Papers: Pink Paislee 365 degrees, Kraft & white cardstock
Others: MFT clouds die, MS border punch, ribbons & twine, button, Sakura white get pen


Fourth - card:
Stamps: Unity KOM October 2010
Inks: Versamark, Distress Inks Tumbled Glass, Shabby Shutters, Spun Sugar, Scattered Straw
Papers: Pink Paislee Parisian Anthology & Queen Bee, PTI Kraft cardstock, GKD Ocean Mist cardstock
Others: AC ribbon & Prima studs

6 comments:

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Kary,

Oeh, what a party of cards on this last day of your GIU week! I love them! And I thought it was fun to read you have an album with all your stamps, I have that too and it's also for me the way to get inspiration! I love it and I have to admit, that when I go through the album, I get a little proud of all the beautiful stamps I have, hi hi! Am I weird? ;-) The last card here today is my fave, I love the way you used that stamp, looks sooo pretty!! Hope you'll show us a lot more also after this week! Wishing you all the best & a wonderful day!
Hugs, Wendy

stampjourney said...

Wow--again, an amazing set of beautiful projects! I especially love your apple card set holder. What a perfect gift for friends! I've really enjoyed seeing your work this week, and thank you for sharing during GIU.

StampinCathy said...

WOW! All your cards and projects are just amazing and super inspiring. I've really enjoyed your creative Unity style all week. Thanks for all the inspiration.

Rachel B said...

Wow, your stationary box turned out amazing! I love the colors and the apples! Your cards and tags are just fabulous to go with! I love your Christmas card with the snowflakes. It turned out amazingly!

Unknown said...

Wow Kary, these are all AMAZING and wonderful creations! I especially LOOOOOVE the stationery box...love this! Thanks for sharing all your creativity this week for GIU...so fun!

Gwen said...

LOVE these cards!! Great creativity!