Saturday, October 16, 2010

Cards, Cards, Cards

On Thursday evening, I decided to participate on the Unity 23 Challenges at Splitcoaststampers.  How does one make 23 cards in less than 3 days??  I didn't think I could do it, but the challenges were rather fun although some were just not in my comfort zone.  I decided to try a few to see if I could get the creativity going... and I was hooked!!  I pulled out ALL my Unity stamps (I didn't realise I had SO many!) and started.

Here are some of my favourites (I'll try to share more in the next few days) :

This card was for the Ribbon (USCWCMD09) challenge.  I decided to keep the card in black and white and added the ribbons for a pop of colour.  I guess I wanted to tell a story with this card that we should dare to dream, in colours, and extraordinary dreams.  I hope you like this.

Stamp : Unity One Precious Life
Ink : Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock : GKD Ivory
Others : stitched ribbons, Sakura pigma micron Sepia (0.5) for the borders


This one's a really simple card.  The challenge was a card with photo in it.  This was a picture captured in Prague last year, and I loved it.  I added a simple stamped border at the bottom of the card and wrote "wish you were here" in white gel pen along the side of the photo.  I used Colorbox's Pigment Ink Frost White - I'm really pleased with it being really white against the dark cardstock, but it took a long time to dry and in the end, I used a heat gun.

Stamp : Unity KOM June 2010
Photo : Printed using HP semi-glossy paper
Cardstock : GKD Smoky Slate
Ink : Colorbox Pigment Ink Frost White, Sakura white gel pen

This card was for the Soar Challenge.  I used a background stamp with Versamark, then stamped the bird in Smokey Gray.  Then stamped the sentiment on the side in Black.  Coloured the hearts with a red marker.  Assembled the card and added a frame around the stamped images (that seems to be my favourite thing to do...lol).

Stamp : Unity Life Becoming (bird), Unity KOM April 2010 (background stamp) & Unity KOM June 2010 (sentiment)
Inks : Versafine Smoky Gray, Onyx Black, Versamark & Memento marker Lady Bug
Papers : Pink Paislee Queen Bee (6x6 pad), cardstock PTI Vintage Cream
Others : Corner Chomper (for the tabs), Sakura Pigma Micron Sepia (0.5)

Have an Amazing weekend!!

2 comments:

Courtney Baker said...

Oh these are so cute! I especially love the three bows!

Kit said...

Hi Kary, did u manage to make it to 23? :=) SOme gr8 creations there & bursts of creativity! Appreciated ur 13 Oct's reflection too. Remembring u & fly.