Thursday, March 29, 2012

Bonjour - A CAS card

The Matterhorn
A few weeks ago, I was in Switzerland for a 2 week vacation.  I had a wonderful time with my friends and we had so much fun together.  One of the places we visited was Gruyeres, and I saw a shop display that really captured my attention - see the pic below:


In that same week, Waltzing Mouse had their new stamps release and I found an amazing set called French Country.  I think it's obvious, isn't it, that it reminded me so much of the shop display above.

I just love the way Claire's sets are always so unique and fun.  Here's a card with the chicken and sentiment from French Country set, and the frame and flourishes from Florentine Frippery set.  Just a simple card ;)


I'm playing along the Waltzing Mouse sketch challenge #90 this week.  I was going to link this to the CAS-ual Fridays CFC45 challenge as well, but I'm lost track of time ;)

Have a great day!
Kary

13 comments:

Lindsey said...

Beautiful card, Kary! Very envious of your trip. :)

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Your trip sounds amazing! I love what you did with the two new sets and the border on that purple paper is gorgeous! Great job!

Emily Keaton said...

OK, first of all: your photo of the Matterhorn is absolutely stunning!! And isn't that a cute little shop? I love that the new WMS set reminded you of it. You made a sweet CAS card with your new stamps. The lavender, black, and white look stunning together!

Kelly S. said...

I love your rooster card in black and lavender...it's such a unique card with these sets, and soooo pretty, Kary! The border with the frame image you chose is just gorgeous!

-Aneta- said...

Beautiful card, simple, clean and AMAZING :) -Aneta-

kiwimeskreations said...

love your card Kary - you have featured the stamp beuaitfully, and the cockerel is stunning.
Blessings
Maxine

Kim C said...

Love the card! Purple, my favorite colour! How did you get the border on the purple cardstock? Simply fabulous!

Christine Ang said...

I echo with the others that the border on the purple cardstock is very elegant. Love the picture of the Matterhorn - so majestic.

Renee said...

That embossed border gets another "gorgeous"!!
LOVE it!
And the colors...
fabulous!
Love how you used the rooster inside of the frame...
very creative! :)

Pauline said...

Kary, this is gorgeous! Beautiful colour, and a great inspiration pic! I've been in that shop, we went there for a holiday 18 months ago, and we went to the cheese factory and the chocolate factory! Yum yum! Did you buy any souvenirs?!

Savitri said...

Very pretty!! I'd love to go to Switzerland one day too! :)

Lisa Arana said...

oh what a sweet little holiday, i would love to visit Switzerland some day. I adore your sweet rooster card.

Wendy ten Hove said...

That shop looks great!! I can totally imagine that you had to think of this stamp set then! Love your card, the border is perfect with the gorgeous font and swirls!!
Hugs, Wendy