Friday, March 23, 2012

Velveteen Stamping

So glad the weekend is here.  It's been too long since I last participated in the Hero Arts contest.  This month, I learnt a new technique from Shari Carroll called Velveteen Stamping and I just had to try it.  Here's my take:

Supplies used : Stamps - S5601 Newspaper Background, CG330 Flower Dot Pattern (w Distress Stain Picket Fence), CL496 Layered Flowers, CL495 Blossom Art, CL477 Delicate Leaf Clusters, CL508 Luscious Patterned Flowers & sentiment CL434 Just Find Me. Inks : Memento Tuxedo Black & Rich Cocoa & London Fog,  Hero Hues - Cerulean, Mid-tone Stone Wash & Shadow Ink Soft Sand, Distress Ink Antique Linen.  Copic Markers : E00, E01, E93 & E95. Others : Stickles, twine, brad, Hero Arts lace, Hero Arts Layering paper Powder.

First, I stamped the Newspaper background on white cardstock with black ink.  Next, I inked up the Flower Dot Pattern stamp with Distress Stain Picket Fence and stamped it onto the same cardstock.  I heat set it dry, and then stamped the various flowers and leaves using various Hero Arts inks.  To give the edges some definition, I added Distress Ink Antique Linen.

For the Layered Flower, I stamped it twice onto white cardstock and coloured the images with Copic Markers.  I cut out the flower centre, curled it a little and adhered it to the layered flower. I also added some stickles in the centre for some sparkle.  The sentiment piece was stamped with the same Newspaper background with Memento London Fog first then the sentiment with Memento Tuxedo Black.

I had so much fun with this technique and it's great to find new ways of using the Distress Stain Picket Fence.

Thanks for visiting me.  If you would like to join the Hero Arts contest, be sure to check this post.

Happy Weekend!
Kary

13 comments:

Cyndie said...

Well, you have certainly mastered the technique! It's a wonderful card! The background is great, and I love your coloring of the flower--perfection!

Lindsey said...

Wow, such a beauty, Kary!

Beate said...

Kary, this looks amazing! Love it!
Hugs and smiles

Christine Ang said...

This is truly a marvellous piece of work. So much effort has been put into it but the end result is satisfying.

Lisa H. said...

this is really pretty. love the colors and that awesome newsprint background. what a cool technique.

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is amazing, Kary. I love the background you have created...it's unique and looks fabulous with your focal image. Awesome job.

Michele Gross said...

Hi Kary, I've just been visiting your blog. Lots of great projects to see, you have a fun style :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Kary--THIS card is GORGEOUS! I LOOOOOOOVE the large flower--beautiful! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the design! Beautifully done:)

Jessie/knightrone said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!

Jen W. said...

This is stunning! You rocked this technique and I love your layered flower. :)

walchowDesign said...

I had to take a closed look at your beautiful card, Kary! Love the bg you've created!

Lisa Arana said...

WOW! I am speechless. This is one stunner of a card my dear.

Wendy ten Hove said...

Oh, wauw, another amazing beauty!! I go with Lisa on this one: I'm speechless!! :-D