Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Thursday Cards

I think I'm on a card roll this week.  Here are 3 cards I made today...

The first card was for a challenge at StampTV - using a button & bow.  I used an old button from a dress I had when I was a kid.  My mum must have saved this button, cos I found it in her box of buttons. ;-)  I'm not very good making vintage-like cards but I thought I'd try cos I think soft shades would go well with the lace & button.  Stamp set : GKD Friends are Forever, Inks : Distress Ink Antique Linen, Versafine Vintage Sepia, Stazon Jet Black and watercolour pencils.



The second card was also for a challenge at StampTV - a Christmas card my style.  Well, I'm not sure how to define my style but I just went along with the flow to see what I would end up with.  Usually, I make really simple cards simply because I'm not very good at layering, etc and I don't have a fixed method of making cards. I decide on colours and papers as I go, and without a proper plan.  Very ad-hoc I suppose.  Some days I can assemble everything really fast, and other times, it requires a lot more effort.  So, here's the card...
Stamps : GKD Vintage Borders, Inks : Distress Ink Tattered Rose & Antique Linen, Versafine Onyx Black, watercolour pencils. 



The final card was for a Unity challenge that I just discovered, titled Let's Get Sentimental.  The challenge is to create a card with just a Unity sentiment.  I selected the sentiment from March 2010 KOM.  It's pretty sweet quote.  Used some digital papers from Crystal Wilkerson (see http://www.jessicasprague.com/) and my spellbinders' dies (blossom and fancy tags).  Inks : Distress Ink Tattered Rose, Versafine Onyx Black.



Have a great day!!

No comments: