Sunday, February 4, 2018

Thanks


I absolutely love stencils and often use it to dress up the white backgrounds on my cards. 
Today I decided to use a simple stencil technique with sponge daubers and inks.
Here's my card:

The products I used are Altenew Dahlia Stencils A and B, Distress Oxide Inks (Worn Lipstick, Candied Apple, Twisted Citron, Peeled Paint and Broken China) and Signature Words die set.

eb2b48f7-1ab6-4e15-a46a-280de157022c

Die_Signature_Words.jpg

I placed Dahlia A stencil on a white cardstock and used a tape to secure it to the card.  Using Distress Oxide inks, I lightly sponged Worn Lipstick ink on the floral section, Twisted Citron on the leaves and Broken China as shown.  I love how smooth these inks go on the paper. Without taking off the Dahlia A stencil, I placed Dahlia B stencil above it and sponged the darker inks where the leaves and flowers are.  I used Peeled Paint on the leaves and Candied Apple on the flowers.  

I love how easy it is to achieve great results with the beautiful Altenew stencils.  On a light teal cardstock I die-cut the "Thanks" sentiment twice and adhered the layered sentiment on the card. I added some tiny pearls to finish up the card.

I am enjoying the Altenew Educator Certification.  It's a great way to use familiar techniques on cards and to play with all the Altenew products in my stash.

Have a great day!


2 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Love the three colors that you chose, Kary! GREAT job on this stencil class!

kiwimeskreations said...

Awesome use of the stencils Kary - a beautiful and elegant card!
Blessings
Maxine