Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Taylored Expressions - Blast from the Past Blog Hop


Hi!  I'm excited today to join Taylored Expressions' September Blast from the Past Blog Hop.  It's my first time and I'm a newbie TE fan, so I hope I'm doing everything right.  This month's theme is special because it's a double theme Birthday/Birth Day to celebrate birthdays and the birth of Taylor's new baby.

Here's my card:

I used the stamp set Friendship Blooms and the matching dies (Leafy Branch & Friendship Blooms).  First, I stamped the leafy branch with Memento Bamboo Leaves, the flowers with Memento Rose Bud and Tangelo. Then came the fun part to cut out the images using the matching dies. It was so easy and everything cuts perfectly!  To add some interest to the leafy branch, I added some shading with Copic Markers (YG13 & blended it with YG00). For the flowers, I added an outline to the polka dot petals with E95.

I didn't have an appropriate Happy Birthday stamp, but I have a sentiment "Happy Holidays" from Tag...You're It! set.  So, I stamped just the word "Happy" and wrote "Birthday" underneath it with my Copic Multiliner pen.  The sentiment piece was from the die-cut Keeping Tabs.

Did you notice that cute button at the bottom just on the fence? Yes, that's another cute stamp from the Friendship Blooms set.  And, the fence is the awesome Picket Fence border die which I absolutely love.

Thanks for visiting me today!  I hope you like the card.







Stamps : TE Friendship Blooms, Tag...You're It!
Paper : Echo Park Paper Victoria Gardens
Ink : Memento Tuxedo Black, Bamboo Leaves, Rose Bud, Tangelo, Distress Inks Wild Honey & Spun Sugar

24 comments:

Cassie said...

Absolutely stunning, Kary! Wow!

Michelle Single said...

WOW, Kary!!! THIS IS GORGEOUS!!!!

Alison H said...

This is a stunning card! Love everything. the colors are so rich and just beautiful!

Tracy said...

Gorgeous card Kary! I love your layout and color combo. The black really makes everything POP!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! Love your flower garden!

Lisa Petrella said...

Gorgeous card! LOVE all of the layers and details in your design!!

Jenny said...

This is beautiful!

Sarabeth aka Sarita said...

beautiful card! i especially love that picket fence!

sarabeth

Vicki Dutcher said...

HI KARI~~ fun to see you here!!

Love the leaves and flowers on this card -- embossed (?), colored beautifully!

Melody said...

This is so pretty! I love it! The fence is the perfect touch!

Crafty Math Chick said...

This is lovely Kary Lim! So soft & pretty! I really like your delicate stitching around the edges and that adorable fence die.

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, how pretty...love the flower and leaves and the papers are gorgeous...elegance plus!!!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Hi Kary - this is a stunner - love all your fresh colours. All the new cutting dies will keep up poor and we won't know how to fussy-cut any more!! :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Jan Garber said...

Great card! I love that flower!

Owlways Learning More said...

such a classy card! beautiful, TFS!

Natalie said...

This is beautiful, Kary!! Wow! so pretty!

Regina Mangum said...

Stunning! I love everything about this beautiful card. XOXO

Christine Ang said...

This card is absolutely captivating. I couldn't take my eyes off it. Such an intricate piece of work.

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

This is just a beautiful card. I love how you achieved such dimension in your card. Truly stunning!

Chris L.

Patricia Chalas said...

Wao!!
that is an adorable card!

Jules said...

such a beautiful card - you're coloring is amazing!

Jen Shults said...

This is BEAUTIFUL! I love the patterned paper you used and how the frame brings it all together. Gorgeous work!

farmhouse-story said...

its gorgeous, kary! your leaves and flower on the scalloped shape, so pretty!

lisa arana said...

Oh wow, this is so pretty!