Monday, November 29, 2010

A Note of Encouragement

A friend of mine asked if I could make a card for her brother, who needs some encouragement.  She saw an earlier card of mine with a sentiment she thought would be perfect. 

So, here's take two with the same sentiment stamp...


I'm also playing along with Stampin' Sisters in Christ's Challenge #67.  How true that life is often filled with so many challenges.  In the past week, I've heard sad news of friends' loved ones with cancer, passing away, etc.  My father has been having not-so-good days too, and often when he has days like such, we will pray with him, encourage and reassure him that God cares for him.  Despite his condition (Alzheimers) he finds this comforting.  I'm also learning to understand him, and to seek for wisdom in caring for him.  Even meal times can be trying, but I guess I'm learning to just love him as he is.  There's always something good in all the difficulties/challenges we face.

May you experience God's grace today. Thanks for visiting ;)

Stamps : Unity KOM Aug 09, Unity Birdie Duet
Paper : BasicGrey Kioshi, Making Memories Ledger paper
Ink : Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Vintage Sepia, Distress Ink Tea Dye & Vintage Photo
Copics : Ground :YG91, YG95, YG97; Flower: YG05, V04, RV00, RV29 Sun: Y02, Y11, Y15; Bird: YG01, BG000, BG02; Sky: BG0000; Outline: E37
Others : Sakura white gel pen, jute twine, Spellbinders Labels 8

5 comments:

Grace said...

HI Kary! Oh I love your card... the great colors, dp and LOVE the image! The sentiment is perfect for encouragement! So sorry you have to walk this journey with your Dad... I know how difficult it is! You have the right spirit though... one day at a time and love him as he is!!! God bless you for being a loving caregiver!!!
Thanks for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!
hugs,
Grace

Becky said...

Hi Kary..This is so lovely.. Beautiful design paper and love the sentiment. Thank you for joining us at STampin Sisters in Christ.

Your father is blessed to have a daughter like you. Hugs :).

kiwimeskreations said...

Love your card Kary, and thank you for your thoughts on caring for your father - they are precious, and an encouragement to me, although my circumstances vary to yours.
May the Peace-giver bless you
Maxine

Miesje said...

Oh Kary, this is such a beautiful card! I understand how difficult it is with an aging father - for me it is my mother. I will keep him and you in my prayers. Great sentiment too. Thanks for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Kary - your card is lovely - the sentiment is perfect! This will make someones day brighter! I am sorry to read of the week you have had - What a wonderful daughther you are - your father is blessed to have you! God bless you Kary! Thank you for playing along with the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge this week - we appreciate your support! {{{hugs}}}
Linda SSIC Design Team