Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Hello


Let it Shine!
I think I went a little overboard with this theme for my card....


The stamp set I used is Beautiful Day and its coordinating dies.

Beautiful Day Stamp Set

I stamped the outlined flower image onto Canson XL watercolour cardstock with Distress Ink Worn Lipstick.  To colour the flower, I used Marvy marker English Red, Tonic Studios Nuvo Aqua Shimmer pen and some water.  I scribbled the Red marker onto a Watercolour Palette and squeezed some drops of the Shimmer pen on it. I used a normal synthetic fibre brush to pick up the colour from the palette.  I love how shimmery the image turned out and hope you can see it from the photos.

The leaves were stamped using the Altenew Inkpads Frayed Leaf, Forest Glades and Evergreen. All the stamped images are die-cut out using the Coordinating dies.  I also added some shimmer on them using the Aqua Shimmer pen.

I also created another stamped piece using Altenew's Wood Pallet Background stamp. I used Vintage Photo Distress and Distress Oxide Inks on the stamp and stamped it on Neenah Solar White cardstock.  I added several layers of ink with the Ink blending tool - Fired Brick, Antique Linen, Iced Spruce and Vintage Photo Distress Oxide inks. Next I added some Shimmer spritz colours to give the Woodgrain image some shimmer. Then I used a square stitched die to cut out the woodgrain piece.  

To create the gold frame I added some double-sided adhesive tape around a piece of white cardstock and die-cut out the square frame.  Then I remove the adhesive tape release paper and placed a piece of gold foil over the die-cut frame.  I really love this simple technique!

To assemble the card, I adhered the gold frame with foam adhesive onto the woodgrain die-cut and adhere them to a deep pink cardbase.  Then I assembled the leaves and flower onto the woodgrain piece as shown and adhered them with foam adhesive for some added dimension.

To ground the sentiment, I adhered a thin black strip of cardstock onto the card.  The sentiment is from my all time favourite set Super Script.  I stamped the word "hello" onto a white cardstock and heat embossed it and die-cut it with the coordinating die.  The sentiment is adhered with foam adhesive onto the card.


To finish off the card, I added some sequins.

What do you think?  Too much shimmer and shine? Lol! 

Have a great day!

2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

You can never have too much shimmer and shine KAry - this is beautiful. Love your colouring of the flower, it's stunning
Blessings
Maxine

Virginia L. said...

Love the shine and the attentions to details, Kary!! Beautiful design all around!