Thursday, October 6, 2011

Believe

Hello! It's Thursday, and time for an Inspired Stamps card.

My card is titled "Believe" and it comes with a little story...  For weeks, my father (his Alzheimers condition is now medium/severe) has been very weak, tired and mostly incoherent.  One day last week, during our daily chat (we often talk about what makes him glad and what he's concerned about), my dad said he's been thinking about a Pastor friend of his.  Unknown to my dad, the Pastor is currently undergoing some difficult times.  I encouraged my dad to pray for his friend, and so he did.  My dad's prayer was Amazing, because the words he uttered were so coherent & fluent, so relevant and fitting for the Pastor's situation.  It was a wonderful reminder for me that day, that God can move anyone whose heart is open to Him to pray and intercede for His people.

Here's my card:

... and for the first time, I managed to decorate the inside too...

I Adore this cute Inspired Stamps character, Mark.  He's a joy to colour!  The My Mind's Eye paper is so pretty and it had a fabulous label where I could stamp the sentiment "Believe".  The stamp sets I used are Mark Praying and Perfect Sentiments.  

Please do visit the Inspired Stamps blog to see all the fabulous inspiration from the Design Team.

Thanks for coming by today, and I hope your day is wonderful!

10 comments:

B said...

This is so beautiful and your story about your Dad is precious. I, too, believe that God can reach the deepest places in our loved ones who suffer from Alzheimers. Prayers for you and your Dad!

Kim B said...

Such a pretty card and what a lovely story.

Jamie M. said...

Ok can you teach me how to color that good? I love your coloring and your card is wonderful. I love the newsprint. http://craftygirl21.blogspot.com/

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Kary what a beautiful moment to share with your Dad.
Your card is amazing too - love that dp it is fabulous.
Blessings
Maxine

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Your post is so inspiring, Kary, I'm so glad you had that special time with your dad. I adore your card and the inside is perfect!

Christine Ang said...

Faith is important in our spiritual journey. Your dad has given us a lot of inspiration. A very adorable card.

farmhouse-story said...

love your dad's story, kary, and your card is adorable! i think, your cutting abilities are as amazing as your coloring!

Ida said...

What a wonderful blessing you shared about your dad and his pastor.
Your card is wonderful too and I love the sentiment on the inside.

Unknown said...

Beautiful story about your Dad and his pastor. It makes your card even more beautiful than it already is. Thanks for Sharing

lisa arana said...

Amazing card Kary! I love how you finished the inside as well.