Saturday, August 13, 2011

Flower Girl


If you have been visiting my blog, you'll know the two favourite elements I love to use on my cards are stamps and dies.  I love stamps that allow me to colour (so therapeutic), and fun dies to add interest to the card.  This card is a little more elaborate than my usual cards, and took me a little longer to put together.  The sweet Flower Girl image was coloured using Copic Markers and cut out.  Then I assembled the card using several dies from Cheery Lynn Designs and My Favorite Things.

Here's a closer look :

The pink heart was die-cut out and embossed using the matching heart die as the blue patterned paper and popped up with foam adhesive

Mini rosettes
I wished I looked half as sweet as this Pure Innocence Flower Girl years ago when I was a bridesmaid at a friend's wedding.  Hope you like the card.

I'll be back on Monday with a new Daisy Doodles challenge project.  Have a fabulous weekend!! 





Stamp : My Favorite Things "Wedding Flower Girl"
Paper : Jillibean Soup Sweet & Sour Soup, Hero Arts Layering paper Carnation & Punch, X-press It Blending card
Ink : Memento Rich Cocoa, Copic markers
Dies : Cheery Lynn Designs Heart to Heart Doily & Square Inverted Scallop , MFT Die-namics Leafy Flourish, Mini Rolled Roses
Other : Zva Creative pearls

9 comments:

Kim C said...

Wow, what a red card! Hahaha, love it! That die cut shape is lovely! Must have a look at that brand now.

lisa arana said...

super sweet!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Oh, gosh! What a sweet little girl this is!! Love her!! What a cutie and all the flowers make it such a pretty card! Very nice! The stamping fair today was okay, but the workshops were not as nice as expected, so we didn't make it a very long visit, but we had fun! Hope you are also enjoying your weekend!!
Hugs, Wendy

MaxineD said...

WOW - Kary that is amazing - I just love those heart dies!! and the wee girl is beautifully coloured.
Blessings
Maxine

{Lynn - that's me!} said...

This is such a precious card with an adorable image. Your die cuts are lovely and not like anything I've seen before. Truly a extraordinary card. Well done!

Christine Ang said...

You have such great patience to create this card. Worth the effort. Congrats.

lynn said...

i've never seen this image before, and you've colored her so wonderfully, kary-just as sweet as can be:)

Davi said...

Kary your card is beautiful!! I love those hearts with that sweet little image!

Emily Leiphart said...

Oh my goodness, Kary, this is stunning! I love that heart doily. The detail on it is insane but makes me want it!