Thursday, January 6, 2011

Name Seals

Life has been rather hectic as my sister is in town.  I've been taking her around and hence, cardmaking time has taken a back seat for a little while.  We did an out-of-town trip 2 days ago, visited a historic town, Malacca, which is about 2 hours away from Kuala Lumpur.  I'll post more about that later ;). 

While we were in Malacca, we decided to get some name seals.  I guess there's some history in the meaning of seals, and we thought it would be fun to have them.  The seal is made by carving into the stone the ancient Chinese character of one's name.  There's a choice of what I call debossed or embossed image.  A few years ago, I had one made but I felt it was a little large and I wanted a smaller one so I could stamp my name at the back of my cards.

So, here's some photos of the seals:

 As you can see the one on the far right was the larger one which I wasn't quite happy with.

I had 2 new ones made, the small square had my full name (embossed image), and the middle round one had the second character of my first name (debossed image).

The ancient seals are usually inked in red oil-based ink, so I've inked mine with Versafine Satin Red.  I'm really happy with the new seals and I shall have to stamp them at the back of all my cards now.

Sorry for this really quick post.  I thought it would be fun to show you the seals and I'll be back early next week to share a little more of the trip to Malacca.

Have a Happy Day!!

No comments: