Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Christmas Markets Experience

It's been a really busy week last week at work and I didn't have any time to make cards.  Over the weekend, I was glued to the tv watching news of the earthquake in Christchurch.  It was a miracle no one was killed - a real reason to thank God.  We have some friends there and we heard many amazing stories.  

Since, I don't have any cards to share, I thought it's about time to post some travel pics from last year.  Some of you know that I worked several years in Amsterdam and I love Europe, but I have never been to a Christmas market before.  So last year, taking advantage of some cheap fares, some friends & I bought tickets to London.  We weren't sure where to go and in the end, we decided on Prague.  After Prague we split ways, and I went on to Nuremberg and Munich.  In total, I visited something like 7 Christmas Markets!  Here are some of the pictures I took..

Beautiful tree in main square, Prague

Christmas decorations at Nuremberg Market

Kids' Performance

Cinnamon rolls in Prague

Yummy treats in Munich

My absolute favourite snack at the Christmas Market - Potato fritters & apple sauce

Lebkuchen - so beautifully made!

I hope you enjoy the photos - not really great ones, as I used my little point & shoot camera for these shots.

I won't have much time for stamping the next few weeks as I am shipping all my craft items home soon.  In 3 weeks, I'll be back home - time really flies, doesn't it?  Have a great day!!

1 comments:

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Kary,

Wow! You've done some traveling!! Wonderful! Just read you also lived in Amsterdam! How nice, did you like it there? I live about 40 minutes driving to the east of Amsterdam, in the city of Amersfoort. Do you know it?
Very nice, warm, and delicious pics!!
Hugs,Wendy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...