Wednesday, August 3, 2016

A Watercolour Card


Although I am a massive Copics fan, there are times I wish I can do a reasonable job with Watercolours.  Here is one I made recently using the WPlus9 stamp Beautiful Bouquet : Ranunculus - love this stamp set.

I heat embossed the image on watercolour paper (recently bought this from Ellen Hutson and I had good results with it) with detailed white embossing powder, then used my Zig clean color markers to colour the image.  I must admit I am quite addicted to how well these Zig markers work - I splurged and bought not just the pack of 60 but some loose additional markers as well.  The sentiment is stamped with Versafine Onyx Black - my fave black inkpad.  Keeping the card simple, I embellished it with some twine.


I think I'll have to practice more with watercolours in the near future.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Kary this is beautiful - love your use of colour on this and your mastery of the watercolours. A really lovely card
Blessings and hugs
Maxine

Laurel Beard said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! You are an artist with those watercolors! Can I ask what Essentials by Ellen products are on your project? I don't want to miss seeing them!