Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Hope... Growing in Unity Day 3



Hi, and welcome back to Day 3 of Growing In Unity week!  If you are visiting for the first time, you can always click the links back to Day 1 and Day 2's postings.  Don't forget to leave a comment and you will be in the draw to win Two Itty Bittys of your choice.  I'll announce the winner on my blog at the end of the week.

Today's card has a slightly different style, more vintage and distressed.  The stamp sets I've used are "Dream To Be" and "Wood Grain Script"  I think these are such versatile sets.


 First I stamped the Wood Grain script, with Memento Desert Sand and the edges with Memento Espresso Truffle.  The edges are torn and I sponged some Memento Rich Cocoa around it.  The Bird image was stamped using Memento Espresso Truffle and coloured with Copic Markers (Leaves YG61, YG63, YG67; Bird Y38, BG02, YG11, Y21).  The patterned paper is from My Mind's Eye, embossed with an embossing folder, and some sponging on the embossed areas.

I hope you like the card.  Be sure to visit me again tomorrow for another Unity project.

Thanks for stopping by.
Kary

29 comments:

Crystal said...

I LOVE this card, the colors and papers you used are amazing!

Julie Odil said...

Another great card! Thanks for sharing which Copic colors you used!

Houses Built of Cards said...

GORGEOUS again! LOVE the embossing and the texture it gives!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Lindsey said...

Absolutely lovely Kary! All the elements come together perfectly.

Amber Sheaves said...

Wow, this is so wonderful.

Denise Bryant said...

Pretty card! I love the woodgrain background and that sweet bird!
DeniseB

SHartl said...

I have seen your blog before, on my travels through the web and just love your style! The combination of stamps and patterned paper makes for a wonderful card!

Eva said...

Kary, this is such a stunning card....love your mix of papers, your coloring and all the beautiful stamping!!!!

Angeline Choo said...

Oh this card is gorgeous !! U inspire me knowing you are a KL girl too :)

Cindy said...

This card is so cute! Love it!
Cindy Kotora

jengd said...

Beautiful card- love your colors and fantastic shading on the bird!

Christine Ang said...

Although you use distressed materials, the outcome of this card is beautiful. The colours blend in very well. Nothing "distressed" about it :)

StampNK said...

This is just gorgeous!! I love that wood grained background stamp and the bird is fabulous! You are so talented!

Jen M said...

This is SO pretty, Kary! I love that woodgrain background!

Maureen Hayes said...

WOW, if that is an "easy" card I wouldn't want to attempt a "hard" one. . .lol! You make beautiful cards and are very talented. I am so glad to have found your blog through the Unity site and am now following you.

Thanks SO much for sharing your work with all of us. I wish I had a fraction of your talent!

Linda SS said...

Nice Card. Love the emobossing idea along with the strip of wood.

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Kary this is stunning - love the incredible amount of visual texture you have on your card which really makes the bird on a branch just pop!
Blessings
Maxine

krcmasterpiece said...

Distressing is my favorite! You did a great job.

Marlena M. said...

Kary, this is beautiful!

JPScraps said...

Gorgeous! You are sooo talented!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Oh, I have that embossing folder, must try that idea... Love the distressed look of the woodgrain.

Miriam Prantner said...

I LOVE this card! Love the embossed base piece and the stamping and coloring. There are so many layers between the embossing and stamping and actual paper layers, it's such a rich card!

Pryn said...

Unique and gorgeous!!! Kary, this card is amazing :)

Denise Bryant said...

Great card! I love the woodgrain background and that sweet bird stamp!
DeniseB

Ruby said...

Beautiful. Love the woodgrain look. It works so well with the image.

Karenladd said...

This card is so beautiful! I love the distressed look and that gorgeous bird image!

sharon g said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE how you had the bird standing on a tree (woodgrain). The coloring is amazing!!

Marilyn Nimmo said...

This card is absolutely perfect! Love the colors, and I LOVE birds, and the patterned paper is fabulous. GREAT, FANTASTIC, WONDERFUL job!

cinmfoster said...

Great card - I'll have to check out that woodgrain stamp It's awesome.