Thursday, May 24, 2012

Inspired Stamps - Blessed is the Man


Welcome to another week with Inspired Stamps!  This week, the theme is Father's Day or Masculine projects.  I'm sharing a Father's Day card, using these Inspired Stamps sets - His Little Ones: Thankful Boy and Men of Favor (Sentiments).  I went for a Clean and Simple card as I think fathers tend to prefer simplicity.

The Thankful Boy is coloured with Copic markers - Skin E50, E01, E11; Hair - E50, E31, E33, E35; Shoes - E11, E13, E15.  Then I did some paper piecing for his outfit and added a little shading on his shirt with C00, C1, C3 and his sleeves and collar with W00, W1, W3.  I also added some Copic Opaque White on his eyes.  The image and Scripture piece was cut, and sponged with some distress ink.

For the sentiment, I used the verse from Jeremiah - I love how meaningful this piece of Scripture is.  With some stitching around the edges and I popped it on a strip of patterned paper cut with a scalloped die.

I would also like to highlight that Inspired Stamps is participating in the Operation Write Home's annual Memorial Day Blog Hop.  Inspired Stamps will be giving away several of their Soldier-focused Stamp sets to those who join and comment in the blog hop.

Be sure to keep this in mind that there will be a week long of Memorial Day special - 25% off total purchases from Thursday May 24th to Thursday May 31st.  This is a fabulous time to purchase the stamps on your wishlist.
  
Be sure to check out the Inspired Stamps blog, for more Awesome inspiration the Design Team is sharing today.

I'm also submitting this to the Simon Says Stamp Father's Day challenge.

Thanks for visiting me, and have a Blessed day!
Kary


Products used: Inspired Stamps His Little Ones: Thankful Boy and Men of Favor, White cardstock, Hero Arts Layering paper Poppy, Copic Markers, Memento Rich Cocoa, Distress Ink Antique Linen, My Mind's Eye Mischievious 6x6, Spellbinders Reverse Wonky Rectangles, Cheery Lynn Designs Scalloped Circle Mega Doily.

5 comments:

Chere M. said...

Wow Kary. Great card. Love that little man image, he has great pants :). Have a great day.

Christine Ang said...

Such a handsome young man. This card is ideal for Father's Day and the sentiment is inspiring.

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful card for a Dad, Kary and you have made it so special with your colouring and the simple border on the greeting.
Blessings
Maxine

Anita said...

Stunning card! I love the simplicity.

Lisa Arana said...

sweet simplicity... adore your cas card.