Thursday, February 2, 2012

Inspired Stamps - Favourite Set


The Inspired Stamps DT are showcasing their favourite stamp sets today.  I had a really hard time choosing just one set.  I've wanted to make a Snowglobe for the longest time, and I think I found a way to do it while showcasing one of my favourite Inspired Stamps set, 1" Snowmen.


This is a set which I've used a lot, on Christmas cards and also general everyday cards.  On my card today, I selected the Snowman with the cute hearts and placed him in the Snowglobe.  To complete the scene behind the Snowman, I added cutouts of the silhouette houses from the set Me and My House, and the snowflakes from Let It Snow.  The houses were stamped using Memento London Fog and the snowflakes with Memento Summer Sky inks.  The sentiment is from Winter Ruth set and I used papers from Echo Park's Winter Park 6x6 pad.


It's a fun card to make, and I hope you try it.  Please click on the links below to discover the favourite sets the Design Team members are showcasing today:


Have a great day!
Kary

10 comments:

Deneen said...

Awesome card! I love the colours, the way you used the buildings for silhouettes, and the matted snow globe! It was fun working with you on the DT, keep up the great work, I'll see ya around:)

Chere M. said...

Great card, I always love all the details you include that give the main image depth. Thank you for inspiring me each week.

kiwimeskreations said...

Kary - as ever this is so sweet - love your innovative ways of using stamps e.g. the houses at the back of the snowman.
Blessings
Maxine

Christine Ang said...

Lovely colour combination.

Wendy ten Hove said...

Loooove it!! I would have guessed this was your favorite set! But how many times do you see snow where you live, hi hi! Well, you could have built one here today, we had 8 centimeters of snow here today in a few hours!!! Woww!!! Traffic was a mess!! But we're safe and warm at home now!!
Hugs, Wendy

lisa arana said...

So adorable and sweet. I love the snowglobe idea.

Lindsey said...

That snowman set is definitely cute, and what a great card!

Beate said...

Adorable card. I love the papers you chose, the darling image and how you layered it.
Have a great weekend!
Hugs and smiles

Anita said...

Adorable card! I love how you combined the sets.

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Super, super sweet!