Saturday, January 21, 2012

Happy Birthday


It was my brother's birthday yesterday... I can't believe how time has flown.  It seems just like yesterday when he was only a kid, and now he's not so young anymore. ;)  For his birthday card, I pulled out another stamp which I've had for awhile, which has not seen ink.  I reckon this Fred Bear stamp is really him - he has some serious travel bug in him.


The card was rather loosely based on the MFT sketch MFTWSC55.  I used papers from Echo Park's A Boy's Life.  The Fred Bear image (from Fred Bear takes a Hike set) was coloured with Copic Markers E31, E33, E35, E37 and to create a little texture I poured some Colourless Blender on a terry towel and dabbed it onto the image.  I kinda like this effect!  To add some interest I added a wooden button with the Game Spinner from Tim Holtz at the bottom of the card.  I think my brother was quite happy with the card.

The card was based on this MFT sketch:

It's almost Chinese New Year, where I am.  Tomorrow night, it's a reunion dinner night and we will be cooking almost the whole day ;)  I'll be back on Monday (Chinese New Year) with a bit of exciting news.

Have a Happy Weekend!!
Kary



(Products used : Stamps - MFT Fred Bear Takes a HikeFirst Class Friend (sentiment), Die-namics - Tag, You're ItOval Tab, Inks - Memento Rich Cocoa, Copic markers, Papers - Echo Park A Boy's Life & Dots & Stripes Candy shoppe, PTI cardstock, X-press It Paper, Woodend Button (Prima), Tim Holtz Game Spinner)

10 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

Kary! This is adorable! Fabulous coloring on Fred and I love how you stamped him on the tag. Great papers too!

kiwimeskreations said...

Well done Kary - this is so cute and yet masculine - so glad your brother liked it!
Blessings
Maxine

Christine Ang said...

A very rugged card. Looks like this bear is all set out for adventure. I love the boots and the bag he is carrying. Happy Chinese New Year.

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Kary!
Congrats to your brother! And what a fun card this is, especially when he has the travelers virus, hi hi. Fun hiking bear! And love the papers you chose! Wishing you good luck in the kitchen and a happy new year for you, the year of the dragon if I'm not mistaken! And you've made me sooo curious for your news!!! All the best!
Hugs, Wendy

farmhouse-story said...

love the cute bear, kary:) have a great dinner!

Renee V said...

What an adorable bear! ADorable card and Happy New Year to you Kary!

Karen Motz said...

Love this Fred and your fun take on the sketch!

Lindsey said...

This is just too cute, Kary! Perfect for a brother. How cute is that little snail on the teddy's backpack? Perfect colouring, of course, and love the papers you picked.

lisa arana said...

How fab is this hiking bear? Love the design and the great papers. I bet your brother loved it.

Jennifer said...

SUPER CUTE!!! (= Adorable image and love the touch of twine!! (=