Monday, June 6, 2011

Daisy Doodles Challenge #35 - Masculine card



Hi, today it's time for a new Daisy Doodles' Challenge - create a Father's Day/Masculine card.  I wanted a beach scene for my card.  When I was young, we used to live in the north-east of Malaysia where some of the most beautiful beaches are.  And my happiest memories were spent on the beach with my parents.


For this card, I used the image from Summer Fun set.  I love the hammock and the palm trees.  The image was coloured using Copic markers, and sponged with some Distress Ink Antique Linen.  The background was created by inking Memento Danube Blue directly all over a Sizzix Embossing folder on the debossed side and then ran through my Cuttlebug.  The sentiment is from a stamp set by Gina K.

Come play along with us, the info are at the Daisy Doodles' blog.  I look forward to see what you create.

5 comments:

Wendy ten Hove said...

Oeh! This looks sunny and happy!!!! Looove the background, like blue skies with friendly clouds! ;-) Hope you are enjoying the start of the new week!

Hugs, Wendy

farmhouse-story said...

such a great guy card, kary:) what guy doesn't love a hammock?!

Joanne Gilch said...

fabulous!!!!! I just love your work and so glad that you are on our team!!! hugs, jo

Cheryl said...

What a wonderful card! I wish I could just jump onto the scene on your card.

kiwimeskreations said...

How nice to see a blue sky :-) Love your card Kary, and the memories that go with it.
Blessings
Maxine