Saturday, May 21, 2011

Calligraphy Paper

Yesterday, while out shopping for some stationery, I came across Chinese Calligraphy paper.  I was really curious if it would work with stamping.  The paper is really thin and soft, it's a little textured on one side and smooth on the other. 

Here's my card:
The paper takes to stamping beautifully, and I love that the grains of the paper show through and the ink does not bleed.  It's always fun to find new mediums to stamp on.  I used all images from Gina K stamps, and the card was inspired by their new challenge, Let's Be Krafty.

What are you creating this weekend?  I'd love to hear what you do.
Have fun!





Stamps : GKD Springtime Silhouettes (butterfly), Garden Silhouettes (sentiment)
Paper : GKD PLC Kraft, Calligraphy paper
Ink : Versafine Toffee & Onyx Black
Other : White gel pen, and Sepia marker

No comments: