Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Fun Birthday Card

Hi, I hope your week is going great.  It's been nice & sunny where I am, but I've not been out much - bit snowed under with work.  But, I did find a bit of time to ink up some stamps purchased not too long ago.  Here's my quick and simple card:

I stamped the banners on white cardstock using red & yellow inks & cut them out.  Placed and adhered the banners on the top left hand corner of the card, and adhered the jute string with glossy accents.  Did some paper piecing for the cake and coloured the candles. Made some faux stitching around the cardbase. Stamped the sentiment & card is done!

Thanks for visiting today.  Have a great one!





Stamps : PTI Banner Builder, Unity/Bella Blvd Sweet Celebration Birthday 
Paper : BasicGrey Basics, Cosmo Cricket Circa 1934, PTI Scarlet Jewel Cardstock
Inks : Memento Lady Bug & Cantaloupe & Rich Cocoa
Other : Jute string, White gel pen & Memento Markers

2 comments:

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Kary!

Lovely card!! Hi hi, I bought that Banner Builder set as well, pretty soon I will show my card with them. This one is great, love the colors! The font of the sentiment is so lovely! Good thing you are in a sunny environment, for me, not anymore... ;-) But who knows, maybe the sun will also come out here! By the way, I just ordered another thing from Papertrey, love the new release soooooo much!!!! ;-)

Enjoy the day, dear Kary, hope you'll get through the piles of work!
Hugs, Wendy

Christine Ang said...

Love the cake pattern - pretty decorative.