Friday, June 4, 2010

Stamping on Fabric

Funny how life seems to fly - I can hardly keep up with regular blogging.  I have been busy making cards and also going out with some friends from out of town.  So, back to cards - here's one I made recently:
The online challenge was to stamp on fabric.  I stamped the image (Gina K Designs - Spring Mix) onto calico fabric, with Versacraft Black - my stamp pad is a little old so the colour was very light.  Then I sponged some Distress Ink Antique Linen on the edges (used the Oval nestabilites as template).  I adhered the fabric to a black oval frame (cut with nestablitiles).  Added some faux stitch lines with my white gel pen.  Stamped Blessings (Gina K Designs - Lovely Labels) on the bottom right corner of the card.
The strip underneath the stamped image is made from 3 different ribbons.  I had a 1/8" black ribbon with white stitches running through it, a gingham ribbon and some lace ribbon.  Arranged the ribbons as shown, and adhered them onto a strip of cardstock.  What do you think?  More tomorrow....