Friday, June 18, 2010

A Friend Like You


Today I was so inspired by a challenge on StampTV.  Brenda had a beautiful picture of a Bed & Breakfast place (see above), and I love the colours of the plants in the pic.

I wanted to use a lovely floral stamp from GKD's new set Friends are Forever, stamped on watercolour paper.  I had a sketch in my mind of a card with lots of flowers.  Here's what I came up with:


The focal image was stamped with Versafine Onyx Black, and coloured with an aquabrush and watercolour pencils.  I used 3 shades of pink for the petals, and yellow and orange for the flower centre and 2 shades of green for the stems.  I also stamped a whole lot of the flowers onto another piece of watercolour paper for the cut-outs.  The horizontal strip border was punched with Martha Stewart's border punch (forgot the name).  Then the cut-out flowers were adhered to the strip, some adhered with scor-tape and others on small foam squares for some added interest.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: